Title: Behavior and Medication Management
Date: Oct. 2, 2012 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM EDT
Presenter: Stephen Ruedrich
Stephen Ruedrich, MD is Professor and Vice-Chairman of Psychiatry at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Cleveland Ohio. His career has involved providing services to persons with ID and dual diagnoses, and teaching medical students and psychiatric residents about IDD. He is co-author of 40 peer-reviewed articles, and 10 book chapters addressing IDD; and recipient of the 2011 Frank Menolascino Award from the National Association for the Dually Diagnosed.
- Recall common adverse effects, including oral health effects of medication classes often prescribed to this population.
- Provide education, referrals and medication management for behavior changes.
- Anticipate and treat polydrug interactions.
- Evaluate and reduce polypharmacy, when appropriate, in patients with complex medication regimens.
- Critically evaluate psychoactive medication use.
Watch archived webinar
If you didn't attend the webinar live, you can still watched the archived version and receive a certificate by clicking on the link above.
Back to overview